Sariyatal Nainital (Entry Fee, Timings, Best time to visit, Images & Location)
Sariyatal Nainital Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee for Lake
- 20rs per person for visiting Botanical Garden
Sariyatal Nainital Phone
Sariyatal Nainital Address: Smanora Range, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263002, India
Sariyatal Nainital Timings
|Monday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wedesday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
With so many wonderful colors Nainital that offers through its shimmering lakes and varied landscape around, the next in the bucket is a Jade green lake, chilly as ice and beautiful beyond words, the Sariyatal Lake.
Adorning peace and calm, beautiful landscape, fresh air and the shimmering waters, Sariyatal, also known as Saritatal, is a perfect spot for people in search of solitude. A stream of fresh chilly water feeds the lake and is quite a sight to look at, especially in the morning.
The place serves as an ideal destination for newly-weds and honeymooners and nature lovers as well. Sariyatal is a go-to place for researchers and scientists as well. It has a beautiful botanical garden with a huge variety of herbs and a boutique park with lots of activities for kids.
The lake is famous for its magnificent sunrises which make the lake gleam like a shining star as the sun rays hit its green waters. Such beauty can only be experienced to be understood and admired to its fullest essence.
Things to do at Sariyatal Lake
You can take a stroll around the tiny lake and admire the beauty that it is. There are also a few boats for tourists but the best perspective comes from outside the lake.
2. For adventure enthusiasts, water zorbing is also conducted in the clear green waters of this lake. The prices are Rs. 150 per adult and Rs. 100 per child during peak season.
3. Indulge in a professional photography session as this place offers an alluring backdrop for those picture-perfect moments.
4. Visit the botanical garden and understand the flora of this place. This botanical garden is one of the primary research places for scientists and researchers. The garden is run and managed by Uttarakhand Forest Department.
5. Get awestruck at the vivacious and colorful butterfly park within the botanical garden.
6. There is also a library, a herbarium, a fernery and an auditorium in the botanical garden itself.
7. The botanical garden is home to various species of plants which are rare or near extinction. There is a paid entry to some parts of the garden like Orchidarium, Herbarium, Thunia Alba Orchid, Geodesic Dome and some waterfalls.
Image Gallery of Sariyatal Nainital
Entry Fee and Timings to visit Sariyatal Lake
Both, the lake and botanical garden, are open to visitors on all days of the week between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. A Rs. 20 ticket is charged for exploring the botanical garden. Visiting the lake is free of cost while the activities conducted there are on chargeable basis.
Best Time to visit Sariyatal Lake
Sariyatal lake maintains its beauty and calm throughout the year. You can visit during all the months with blooming greenery during July to September, Icy cold weather and snowfall from October to January. February, March and April is quite pleasant and most frequented months by tourists.
How to Reach Sariyatal Lake
Located just 8 km away from the Tallital Bus Stand, Nainital and only 2 km away from Khurpatal, Sariyatal is easily accessible through motorable roads. It is situated on the Kaladhungi road which is often frequented by locals and visitors. You can hire a taxi cab or auto-rickshaw from the Nainital Mall road or bus stand to reach Sariyatal lake.
If you are traveling by train, Sariyatal lake is just 33 km away from the nearest railway station, Kathgodam Railway Station. Local taxi cabs are available from the station to reach Sariyatal lake.
If you are traveling by air, Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport to Sariyatal lake, located at a distance of 67 km. You can take a cab or luxury bus from there to the Sariyatal lake via NH 109.