Naina Peak Nainital (Entry Fee, Timings, Images & Location)
Naina Peak Nainital Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Naina Peak Nainital Phone
Naina Peak Nainital Address: 6 km from Nainital town, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263001, India
Naina Peak Nainital Timings
|Monday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wedesday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||8:00 am – 5:30 pm|
If you are one of those people who prefer to go the extra mile to have the best results, best answers and best views, Naina Peak is the ideal place for you. Standing tall at 2,615 m above sea level, Naina peak offers the best view of the valley and Nainital city. Naina Peak is locally known as China peak or Cheena peak and is the best point to have an excellent view of the Himalayas, the vast expanse of the Kumaon region and the city.
Naina peak is one of the most famous sightseeing places in Nainital, especially for people who love trekking. The peak is around 9.4 km from the city, which is connected by a motorable road to some distance. About 6 km of the total stretch needs to be trekked which offers great exposure to the Kumaon flora and fauna. The whole trek is covered by a dense forest of cypress, oak, and pine trees with a hint of pink and red by Rhododendrons. The trek on one side, trails along the Jim Corbett National park and the other side gives you a splendid view of the beauty Nainital is.
The Naina Peak Trek
The Naina peak trek is a paradise for trekkers as it throws at you a mix of the trials which is uphill, steep and beautiful. The forest becomes denser as you move uphill. The 6 km climb can be completed within a span of 1-2 hour. The peak offers fresh air and scenery which feels to be from a different world. With Himalayan ranges on one side, Nainital city and lake on other and picture-perfect greenery all around, the trek is highly rewarding.
How to Reach Naina Peak Nainital
Roadways– The Naina peak is located about 10 km from the Mallital area of the Mall Road Nainital and about 17 km away from the Tallital Bus Stand Nainital. To reach the Naina Peak, you must first get down at the Mall Road. For a hassle-free and easy commutation within the hill-station, you can also opt for a private cab from one of the leading car rental companies in Nainital.
Airways– If you are traveling by air, Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport which is about 72 km away. You can hire a taxi cab from the airport to reach the Mall road.
Railways-If you are traveling by train, Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railway station which is about 38 km away from the Mall road. There are abundant bus and taxi services from the railway station to the Mall road.
Image Gallery of Naina Peak Nainital
Best Time to visit Naina Peak Nainital
The Naina peak is situated at an elevation of 2,615 m above sea level which makes it quite cold. Summers are the best time to visit the Naina Peak as the weather is pleasant and the daylight stays for longer period. Trekking during the winter season may get a little difficult but once you reach the hilltop, you will be an audience to one of the most picturesque scenes in the country. The snow-covered peaks of the Great Himalayas and chilly breeze will make you fall in love with this place.
It is highly advisable not to travel during monsoon season as there is a chance of landslides and the trek becomes slippery. Also, during the monsoon, the skies are not clear which will restrict your view.
Things to do at and around Naina Peak Nainital
1. Trek your way up to the peak to have a first-hand experience of the beauty that Nainital offers.
2. Capture the panoramic view from the hilltop.
3. Visit the Naina Devi temple which is the house to local Goddess Naini Devi and take blessings.
4. Take a boat ride at the Naini lake and shop at the Mall road surrounding the lake
5. Visit the Eco Cave Gardens to learn about the natural habitat of Kumaon wildlife depicted in the form of naturally built caves.
6. Fly up to the Snow View Point in the aerial ropeway of Nainital and experience the splendid view of the snow-covered Himalayan peaks
Interesting Facts about Naina Peak Nainital
1. Naina peak was earlier known as China Peak but was renamed after the Indo-China war of 1962
2. It is the highest point of Nainital.
3. The Naina peak gives a view to the mountains of the Tibetan border and Nanda Devi Peak as well.
Things to keep in mind while trekking to Naina Peak Nainital
1. Always trek during the daylight to the Naina peak as the trek is not well-lit at night.
2. Wear comfortable trekking shoes and always carry a water bottle and some food as there is no provision for refreshments on the way.
3. Carry your camera to capture some of the most beautiful pictures.
4. Carry a first-aid kit and torch in case of emergency.