Lands End Nainital (Entry Fee, Timings, Best time to visit, Images & Location)
Lands End Nainital Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
- 700Rs – 800Rs per person
Lands End Nainital Phone
Lands End Nainital Address: Near Barapathar, 4 Km From Nainital, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263001, India
Lands End Nainital Timings
|Monday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Tuesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Wedesday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Thursday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Friday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Saturday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
|Sunday||12:00 am – 12:00 am|
Most of us have seen in movies where the actor is rushing on a hilltop just to find himself/herself having a brisk escape from stepping on the exact point where the land ends. Same is the case with Nainital Land’s End, a cliff after which there is no land. With the heavenly view of the small valley town Nainital and the amazingly wonderful trek to this cliff, Land’s End is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
It is the point from where one can have an unobstructed view of the extended Kumaon mountain range and a splendid view of the Khurpa Lake or Khurpatal as it is locally called. The Land’s End is located at a height of 2118 meters above sea level which is an advantage to the limitless view. Enjoy the magnificent view of the valley, Khurpatal, and the lush green forest all along, as far as the eyes can see.
The Land’s End is accessible by walking uphill a beautiful trek. One can also ride a pony and horses to the destination. This is renowned to be the most beautiful and scenic destinations in Nainital. The placed is equally famous among budding photographers since it offers a picturesque and sublime view of the underlying valley and forests.
How to Reach Land's End Nainital
Roadways– The spot is just a km away from the Barapathar area in Nainital. You can ride up to Barapathar in a taxi or auto-rickshaw and walk till Land’s End, trekking along the glorious path. The distance of Barapathar from Nainital Mall road is 3 km.
If you are traveling by road then Tallital Bus stand is the nearest one, 6 km away. You can hire an auto or cycle rickshaw or a taxi cab from the bus stand to reach Barapathar. Alternatively, you can book a cab from top car rental companies in Nainital to commute within the hill station in a hassle free manner.
Railways– If you are traveling by train, Kathgodam is the nearest railway station, about 38 km away from Barapathar. There are plenty of buses and taxis commuting between the Kathgodam railway station and Barapathar which you can hire.
Airways– If you are traveling by air, Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport about 75 km away from Barapathar area. You can take a private or shared taxi from the airport to reach Barapathar.
Image Gallery of Lands End Nainital
Interesting Facts about Lands End Nainital
The place gets its name from the fact that the elevation at this place is almost 90 degrees, making it look like an end of the land in real sense. Land’s End is also an excellent spot to observe and admire the well-organized terrace farming, practiced in this region.
Entry Fee and Timings to visit Lands End Nainital
There is no entry fee to visit the spot. You can visit on all days of the week including public holidays, from sunrise to sunset. The horse ride can cost between Rs. 700 to Rs. 800 per person.
Traveler Tips for visiting Lands End Nainital
- Be extremely careful while you visit the spot as there are no boundaries there, especially with kids.
- Since it is an uphill trek along the woods and mountain, make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes.
- Carry a water bottle and some eatables.
Things to do at Lands End Nainital
- Enjoy a jolty horse ride to the spot enjoying the magnificent beauty along the way.
- Enjoy one of the best views that Nainital offers to its tourists, loaded with thrill and adventure. Indulge in a photography session amidst the lush greens and blue water of Khurpa Lake.
- Do boating at the calm and serene waters of Naini Lake, one of the most popular sightseeing places of Nainital just 6 km away.
- Shop at the local market of Nainital Mall road and relish the wonderful local tea at the nook.
- Trek up the Tiffin Top point which adds to the beauty and mystery of this town, just 3 km away from the Mall Road.