Eco Cave Gardens Nainital (Timings, Entry Fee, History, Location, Images & Facts)
Eco Cave Gardens Nainital Entry Fee
- 60 per person for Adults
- 25 per person for Children
- 25 for Camera
Eco Cave Gardens Nainital Phone
Eco Cave Gardens Nainital Address: Sukhatal, Mallital, Ayarpatta, Nainital, Uttarakhand, 263001, India
Eco Cave Gardens Nainital Timings
|Monday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wedesday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
Eco Cave Garden is a cluster of natural rocky caves which are developed into a garden. This destination is gaining popularity off-late due to its close proximity to the Nainital city also commonly known as Mall Road. The garden is maintained by Nainital Tourism and is located in the Mallital area on the Kaladungi Road. The garden offers a majestic view of 6 caves formed in the shape of animals. It is a great adventure for children to experience the natural-like habitat of various animals first-hand.
A musical fountain enhances the beauty of the place with audio and visual effects. The garden is lit with old-school petroleum lamps to keep the authenticity of the place. The popular caves are Panther Cave, Tiger Cave, Bat Cave, Apes Cave, and Flying fox Cave. Along with caves throughout the pathway, there are hanging gardens which add to its beauty – Going through the caves is an experience which you would not want to miss.
Eco Cave Garden is an intrinsic and essential component to the Nainital Tourism. It is an excellent example of nature-and-man’s combined effort. Also, since it depicts the wildlife habitat of the Kumaon region, it holds a great deal of educational and informative significance. If you are planning a visit to Nainital, do spare a few hours for the Eco Cave Garden to get soaked in the beauty of wildlife.
Entry Fee and Timings of Eco Cave Gardens Nainital
There is a one-time entry fee to visit all the caves. The charges are Rs. 60 for adults and Rs. 25 for children. There is a camera charge as well of Rs. 25.
The Eco Cave Garden is open for the tourists from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm on all days of the week.
Image Gallery of Eco Cave Gardens Nainital
How to Reach Eco Cave Gardens Nainital
Eco Cave Garden is located just 1 km away from the Nainital Mall Road. You can reach there by walking or hire a local auto rickshaw which is available at all places. You can also take a taxi to the destination
Sightseeing / Things to do in and around Eco Cave Gardens Nainital
- An educational trip for students can be organized to the Eco Cave Garden to explore how the wildlife habitat works. You can combine this trip with a visit to the Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary and Nainital Zoo which would be quite informative as well as entertaining.
- It is an excellent destination for a family picnic, especially with kids.
- Since it is just a km away from the Mall Road, enjoy shopping by the market circle surrounding the Naini Lake.
- You can go for a boat ride at the Naini Lake and experience a splendid interaction with nature.
- Do the famous Candle shopping.
- Visit the Naina Devi temple which is just 1.8 km from the Eco Cave Garden and take blessings of the goddess. You can take an auto rickshaw or walk to the temple.
Best Time to visit Eco Cave Gardens Nainital
March, April, May and June are the best months to visit Eco Cave Gardens and Nainital. This is the time when the flora is in full bloom. Also, the months of November and December are unparalleled if you wish to see and enjoy fresh snowfall and chilly weather.
Things to keep in mind
- There is a lot of walking involved while visiting the Eco Cave Garden, make sure you are wearing a comfortable pair of shoes and a water bottle to keep yourself hydrated.
- If possible do not take along toddlers and elderly people as it may get tiresome for them.
- Carrying woolens is a must while traveling to Nainital in all seasons. The evenings can get chilly here. If you are planning your travel in the winter season, it is advisable to carry heavy woolens.
- Do not forget to carry your camera to click the picturesque landscapes and European-like township.